This House is named after one of the former Colleges from which Penola Catholic College was born.
Therry College was established as a Catholic secondary boys' school in 1969 under the administration of the Christian Brothers.
The school closed in 1994 to become part of the new Broadmeadows Campus in 1995 of Penola Catholic College.
The college was named after Fr John Therry who was born in Ireland in 1790.
He arrived in Australia at the age of 30, and set about building Catholic schools in various parts of the country.
In 1846 he became parish priest of Melbourne and was remembered for his honesty, integrity and outstanding zeal.
He lives in history as the nation's pioneer priest and the forerunner of the Catholic Social Movement.
He fought for the principle of religious freedom, built the first Catholic churches and schools and rekindled the faith and hope of a forgotten people.
Fr Therry was born into eternal life in 1864.
Therry House is respresented by the lion, an animal characteristic of courage and strength as well as a symbol that has historical ties to Therry College.
Therry Theme Song
To the tune of the Brisbane Lions AFL theme song – formerly Fitzroy
We are the team of Therry Lions,
We wear with pride, the colour gold.
We will always fight for victory,
Like students and teachers of old.
All for one, and one for all,
We will answer to the call.
Go Therry, Therry Lions,
We’ll post the winning score
You'll hear our mighty roar.