Calendar   |   My Penola   |   Webmail   |   ePayments   |   Contact Us

Geoghegan

Geoghegan House is named after the former Colleges from which Penola Catholic College was born.

GEORGHEGANGeoghegan College was established as a Catholic senior secondary co-educational school in 1973.

The school closed in 1994 to become part of the new Broadmeadows Campus of Penola Catholic College in 1995.

The college was named after Fr Patrick Bonaventure Geoghegan, a missionary Franciscan priest born in Ireland in 1805.

He came to Australia in 1838 arriving in Sydney.

He was responsible for the building of St. Francis Church located in the heart of the city.

Fr Geoghegan officiated at the marriage of Blessed Mary Mackillop's parents and later also baptised her.

He was known for his cheerful manner and was a sensitive man who took things to heart.

This, at times, caused him much suffering but he persevered nonetheless.

It was while visiting Ireland that he died suddenly.

Fr. Geoghegan was born into eternal life on May 9th 1864.

Geoghegan House is represented by an eagle, like the college that this house is named after embodies the notion of a clear vision and soaring spirit.

The eagle is a powerful entity which symbolises strength, action, speed and perception.


Geoghegan House Theme Song

To the tune of ‘Join in the chorus’ (Nth Melb Football Club)

Hearts to hearts and hands to hands,
Beneath our green banner we stand,
We’ll shout God bless our mighty house,
We’re Geoghegan, We’re Geoghegan.

Out we come out we come out we come to play,
Just for recreation sake to pass the time away,
Ohhh lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourself today,
The Geoghegan House is hard to beat when they come out to play.

So join in the chorus, sing it one and all,
Join in the chorus, Geoghegan’s on the ball,
Good old Geoghegan, we’re champions you’ll agree,
Geoghegan will be champions, just you wait and see!

Junior Campus:
35 William St., Glenroy, VIC 3046
Senior Campus:
29 Gibson St., Broadmeadows, VIC 3047
Postal Address:
PO Box 637, Glenroy, VIC 3046



Email:
Telephone:
(03) 9301-2777
Fax:
(03) 9301-2770