From the Deputy Principal: Head of Senior Campus Ernie Pisani Vol. 12
College Scholarships are about to be advertised for students in Years 7 - 11 who wish to apply. There are four scholarships on offer for 2018: Academic Excellence, Personal Endeavour, Co-curricular Involvement and Community Spirit. The criteria for each of these scholarships highlight attributes which the College seeks to instil in students to become the fabric of their personalities. Up to two of these scholarships will be awarded to students from each year level for each category. Students are encouraged to apply for one of these scholarships by filling in an application form which is available from the Campus Office on September 1st. These applications will be due on 11th October to the respective Campus Office. From there, students will be interviewed by a small panel of staff members in late October and the announcement of the successful applicants is made in November. The scholarships will then be presented to students at Awards Night later in the year. Further details are available on the application form. I wish each applicant every success.
Year 12 Parent Information Night
Parents and students of Year 12 are reminded that on Wednesday September 6th an important Parent Information Night will be hosted for parents of Year 12 students. This information session commences at 7:00 in the Mary MacKillop Auditorium. The purpose of the information session is to provide you with important details about the upcoming events and activities for Year 12 as they finish their secondary schooling and the opportunity to ask questions to staff.
The agenda for the night will include:
- Details and expectations about the final examinations and strategies for revision including compulsory practice exams the 3rd term holiday
- Tips and advice for managing exam stress
- Information on applying for tertiary institutions (including VTAC applications), available scholarships and special entry opportunities
- Appreciation Week details and expectations including final assembly, celebration dress up breakfast and Graduation Mass and Ceremony
- An opportunity to ask further questions
We strongly encourage you to attend the information session with your child.
Head of Senior Campus