From the Deputy Principal Head of Broadmeadows Campus: Ernie Pisani

//From the Deputy Principal Head of Broadmeadows Campus: Ernie Pisani

With Chris Caldow’s return this week, I return to the familiar role of Deputy Principal: Head of Senior Campus. It was an exciting few weeks where my own experience into the mechanisms of running a school were extended. I am grateful for the support that staff, especially members of the Executive, gave and I hope I met the challenges with certainty and good levels of success. I wish to thank those staff members who made adjustments to their own roles to accommodate this need; mainly Nicole Allan and Maria Alberto.

Year 9s have completed their City Experience program and I am certain that students would acclaim that exploring the great city of Melbourne has provided abundant knowledge. On the whole, the experience has been a positive one with students thoroughly enjoying the learning available to them. The opportunities to visit the Victorian Parliament, the offices of the Big Issue, the Shrine of Remembrance etc., as well as working through their project of understanding the plight of the homeless has been a worthwhile learning experience. Students presented their findings on the research done in the city at the Year 9 PBL Presentation Night on Tuesday 19th June. I thank parents for their support of the program and their child by attending the presentation night.

As we near the end of Term Three, a compilation of student’s results will come in the form of a semester report. This report will give an update of the academic progress, work habits and practices as well as a tally of lates and absences accrued by the student over the semester. The Report will be available online (MyPenola) during the latter stages of the first week of the term break.

Parents are reminded that on Monday June 25th, students will be dismissed at 12:00 so that staff can participate in a Professional Learning activity on Restorative Justice. The term holidays commence on Saturday 30th June and Term Three commences on Monday 16th July. I wish students and staff a safe and restful break.

Ernie Pisani

Deputy Principal: Head of Senior Campus

By | 2018-06-21T13:18:15+00:00 June 21st, 2018|Uncategorised|0 Comments